CerMark LMM-14 Aerosol$82.50 USD
- $82.50 USD|
- $480.00 USD|$390.00 USD
- $920.00 USD|$780.00 USD
LMM-14 is one of two general-purpose laser marking compounds recommended for creating a black mark on most metals, specifically specialty metals. The combination of its flexible process window and wide range of applicable substrates makes LMM-14 very easy to use. In general, if you are looking for one laser marking product to keep on your shelf, we recommend LMM-14. LMM-14 dries quickly as a light-gray powder coat and is extremely easy to wash after laser marking. This coat should not be extensively handled prior to laser marking and should be marked shortly after application.
LMM-14 aerosol is an ethanol-based and ready-to-use black laser marking product that allows for faster drying time. It is recommended for almost any metal substrate including stainless steel, brass, aluminum, titanium, copper, chrome plating, nickel and similar metals. This aerosol is highly recommended for laser marking on aluminum.
All Ferro metal laser marking aerosol products are formulated to deliver permanent, high-contrast and high-resolution marks for laser marking on metal using a spray application process.
CREATE HIGHLY DURABLE MARKS ON METAL SUBSTRATES
Ferro offers specially formulated laser marking materials for almost every metal substrate.
LMM-14 laser marking aerosol for metal is recommended for use on aluminum. It is also recommended for use in laser marking on metals where ease of removal of unused material is a key factor.
In order to provide the best results, process requirements for creating high-quality marks may vary depending on substrate composition and/or thickness, application method, and laser type.
LMM-14 aerosol comes in a ready-to-use aerosol formula in a can. It is ideal for generating high-contrast dark black marks on a variety of metal substrates. It is not recommended for laser marking on metals with a lacquered coating.
The contrast, resolution, and durability of marks made with LMM-14 make it ideal for the following laser marking applications:
Awards and Promotional Products
- Custom marks on metals
- Logos and decorative marking on metal
Industrial Laser Marking Applications
- 2D data matrices
- Product serialization
- Direct part marking
- Text labeling
- Part traceability
So Many Choices for Metal Marking Sprays--Why Choose CerMark Products?
- Manufacturer, Ferro Corporation, has been in the enameling/coatings business for over 100-years (since 1919) with a Global Manufacturing/Distribution presence!
- The U.S. Military and NASA specs were established using CerMark.
- Ferro has an in-house Environmental Heath and Safety (EH&S) Department with ISO Certification.
- Offering the best quality, technical service, customer service, and reputation in the industry!
- CerMark is the industry standard and most recognized brand worldwide!
THE FERRO LASER MARKING ADVANTAGE
Better Consistency and Accuracy
Precision black marks on metal can be achieved in seconds utilizing LMM-14 laser marking aerosol. The laser-controlling software enables positional accuracy with excellent mark repeatability.
High contrast, durable marks can be achieved more quickly using LMM-14 aerosol compared to other marking methods.
Rapid marking speeds reduce energy costs while reducing rework and scrap.
Extremely High Contrast and Resolution
Laser-bonded marks created with Ferro’s laser marking aerosols produce permanent, high-resolution marks on a wide range of metals.
CerMark LMM-14 Aerosol MSDS-Technical Data Sheet
- Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel - Bright Annealed
- Galvanized Steel
- Chrome Plating
- Nickel Plating
- Gold Plating
- Silver Plating
- LMM-14 aerosol is considered by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) to be “ORM-D” or “Consumer Commodity”. This product may be shipped via ground or air. Ground shipping is the default shipping method for this product. Note, LMM-14 aerosol is subject to an additional $40 hazardous materials packing fee if shipped via air. This is due to regulations around the shipping of pressurized cans on airplanes.
- Overnight Shipping of LMM-14 aerosol may be available with the hazardous material packaging listed above; however, LMM-14 Paste can be shipped via Overnight service without a hazardous charge!
- LJS Ships all Metal Marking Compound (LMM-6000 and LMM-14) via FedEx Ground unless otherwise indicated.
FedEx Ground Transit Times from LJS to U.S. Business Destinations
All LMM-14 products should be stored between 40ºF (5ºC) and 95ºF (35ºC) in a dark, dry place. Aerosol cans should be stored on their side rather than their bottom, as the LMM-14 material can settle and clump together inside the can. Side storage allows for even dispersion upon shaking.
LMM-14 is a water-based material and is environmentally safe and non-hazardous. After laser bonding, any excess, un-bonded material can be washed off the substrate and down the drain into your normal water/sewer waste area. Note: Using hot water and rubbing the substrate surface with rubber or latex gloves works the best with regard to cleaning parts/materials after laser processing.
Unused aerosol cans that are still pressurized should be de-pressurized in a well-ventilated area (the propellants should be completely expelled from the can) and disposed of in your regular trash and solid waste area.